Care Management is emerging as an essential component in navigating health care systems. With a richness of specialists in the medical field, it becomes challenging to make sure that treatments and services are well coordinated and in the best interest of the elderly individual. The Care Manager works together with other professionals to coordinate services, advocate, and locate resources for the client and family. The Care Manager provides education to the client and family about what realities to expect with aging and helps the family to prepare for the costs and long-term implications. The Care Manager assures that the client receives appropriate services that enhance the individual's quality of life.
The Care Manager assesses individual and family needs, establishes an individualized care plan, implements the plan and provides on-going monitoring of the situation.
Our goal is to preserve dignity throughout life by assuring the highest level of physical and emotional independence possible for each client.
Available Geriatric Care Management Services Include:
- Consultation with family members, care providers and medical professionals
- Monitoring the condition and progress of the individual through individual visits and phone contacts
- Personal Advocacy to obtain required services and benefits
- Managing Personal affairs and finances
- Reassessment of needs and identification of new difficulties that warrant attention
- Guidance on the selection and transition to an alternative living arrangement that can range from independent housing to skilled nursing facility
- Direct help in moving from one setting to another, including disposition of household items and communication with real estate brokers, landlords, utilities, moving companies, etc.
- Counseling clients and families about end-of-life issues
We can make your Elder Life easier . . .
For further information or to schedule an appointment for a consultation, please call us at 732-493-8080.